Director of Technology | 2014- present
Academia Cotopaxi, Quito, Ecuador
Serving on the Teaching and Learning team where, in collaboration with division principals, I help define and implement the entire educational program. Key driver in a number of broad-impact program changes, including:
- Design and implementation of BYOD in grades 3-12
- Design and implementation of student e-portfolios
- Design, and implementation of the first K-12 MakerSpace in Ecuador
- Design, implementation, and supervision of new Advanced Technology Courses in MS and HS
- Design and implementation of our AC teacher evaluation program based on the Kim Marshall model.
- Design and implementation of our professional development model.
- Introduced and supervised Learning Technology Coaching team to support teachers technology integration efforts.
- Lead implemntation of Virtual Learning Environment (Edmodo)
- Lead implementation of Student Information System
- Lead ongoing professional development for administration, faculty and staff.
- Lead infrastructure and technical support team
Learning Technology Coach/MYP Technology Teacher | 2011 -2014
International School of Stuttgart, Stuttgart, Germany
- Worked closely with faculty to integrate technology, using ISTE Standards, into the classroom in grades 6-12.
- Designed various student engagements for discussion around Safety, Awareness, Leadership, Ethics, and Balance around the use of technology.
- Designed similar parent engagements that allowed technology students a venue to showcase their work, while providing support for parents on home technology use.
- Taught MYP Technology (now called Design) in grades 7-10.
- Implemented a Annual Stop Motion Film Festival made up of student produced films at a local movie theater.
General Music Teacher | 2010 – 2011
American School Foundation, Mexico City, Mexico
- Developed a more engaging general music course through the use of music technology tools like synthesizers and samplers for students in grades 3-5. Students composed original musical works and choreography.
- Supported grade 4 students in the creation and production of a live stage musical.
Product Specialist | 2008-2011
Independent Contractor for Native Instruments
Worked with the local distributor in Mexico City to deliver public demonstrations of music technology tools in various settings, including trade shows and public events in Spanish.
Lead Product Specialist | 2001-2008
Lead the design and implementation of all trade show technical demonstrations. Delivered technical product training to dealers and distributors, and public demonstrations of music technology tools, across the US, as well as around the world. Worked to promote the brand and its products in various settings.
M.Ed. Educational Leadership | In progress – 2019
American College of Education
The program is designed to teach effective principles and strategies to build a positive school culture, align the school community with a vision for learning, and advance student achievement.
MEd. Educational Technology | 2011
University of Missouri
Developed understanding of theories and perspectives in using technology to support teaching and learning, including tech planning, management, and integration in an educational setting, while building strategies that advance teaching and learning with technology.
BFA Digital Design | 2010
American Intercontinental University
Summa Cum Laude. Developed a studied eye for digital design, as well as, valuable project management skills, and a firm grasp on the design process .
- PYP I – Making the PYP Happen
- MYP II – Technology
- MYP III – Design (Technology)
- The Educational Plan
- Define, Design, Deliver, and Demonstrate
- Exploring our Common Ground
Other learning and book studies
- the Advantage by Patrick Lencioni
- Reinventing Project-Based Learning: Your Field Guide to Real-World Projects in the Digital Age – by Suzie Boss
- Rethinking Teacher Supervision and Evaluation – by Kim Marshall